All of us have to do errands, and they’re certainly no fun.
Even worse, they tend to repeat every week – sometimes twice a week.
Pick up milk. Get bananas. Refill prescriptions. Drop off the dry cleaning.
Are there any ways to get errands done more efficiently?
There are! For example:
1. Keep a running list. Keep track of what has to get done with an actual list. From “buy stapler” to “return library books,” the tasks should be written down.
2. When you can, use the phone, not the car. If you’re looking for a particular item, call ahead and ask if a store has it. Then ask the clerk to hold it for you for a particular amount of time.
3. Go online. From pharmacy items and specialty teas to holiday gifts, you can order a great deal through the Internet. If you establish an account with a company, an order can be placed with only a couple of clicks.
4. Use stores with drive-through convenience windows, such as banks and pharmacies. You needn’t spend time or money on parking – you don’t even have to get out of your car.
5. Make a list of all your intended stops for the day and then plan your route at breakfast time. By planning well geographically, you can save time.