To get up – to get out of bed; to leave one’s bed
* This morning I got up very quickly because the baby was crying.
To wake up – to awaken; to stop sleeping
* She always leaves her curtains open so that she can wake up with the sunlight.
To handle – to manage; to deal with; to control
* Are you sure that you can handle taking six classes this semester?
Covers – the layers of fabric that cover a bed; the cloth material that covers a
Bed and that keep one warm
* When my husband sleeps, he always steals the covers and then I get so cold at
Comforter – the top-most, thickest cover for a bed, usually made of feathers or
Other warm material
* In the winter, they sleep under a very thick comforter, but in the summer they
Don’t use it.
Light blanket – a thin cover for a bed, made of wool, cotton, or other material
* When Marcos saw Maria sleeping on the sofa, he covered her with a light
Blanket so she wouldn’t be too cold.
Pillow – a soft cushion for one’s head in bed, usually filled with feathers, cotton,
Or other material
* Why do people decorate their beds with so many pillows? I only need one to
Pillowcase – the fabric covering a pillow; the material that covers a pillow to
Keep it clean
* They bought new pillowcases to match the color of their bedroom walls.
Sheets – two pieces of large, thin fabric placed on a bed – one to lie on and one
To lie under
* How often do you change the sheets on your bed?
To match – to have the same color or colors that look good together; to make a
Good combination; to look good together
* Do you think that this sweater matches these pants?
To go off – to make a loud noise very suddenly
* When my alarm went off at 6:00 a. m., I was in the middle of a very good dream.
Jarring – irritating, unpleasant, or annoying to one’s ears
* The children were fighting during the car trip and their arguments became very
Jarring to their parents.
Buzzer – an electronic device that makes a long, continuous buzzing sound,
Similar to that of a flying insect like a fly
* Many TV game shows use a buzzer when participants answer a question
To drive (someone) nuts – to make someone angry, irritated, or crazy
* Please stop singing that song over and over again. You’re driving me nuts!
Wake-up call – a hotel service that calls guests at a time the guest wants to
Wake them up in the morning
* He missed his flight because the hotel forgot to give him a wake-up call.
Early riser – a person who enjoys waking up early in the morning
* Because Samuel is an early riser, he usually makes breakfast for his wife so
That she can sleep a little later.
To oversleep – to sleep too late; to sleep past the time that one is supposed to
* Sasha overslept and missed her biology exam. Do you think her professor will
Let her take it another day?
To sleep in – to sleep later than usual
* Teenagers love to sleep in on weekends. Sometimes they don’t wake up until
информация о николае щуковом на англ
Eslpod – a day in the life of jeff – episode 1 – getting up